The human experience is quite an adventure. There are mountains to climb, valleys to journey through, and challenges to conquer. We get lost, stumble, and occasionally hurt, only to pick ourselves back up and grow stronger.
We laugh, we cry… and sometimes we do both at the same time.
We love so big that we allow ourselves to be vulnerable, open our hearts to stress, and sacrifice without hesitation. We often take life too seriously, grow up too quickly, and forget that life’s greatest secret is that the joy we seek is found within.
When I need to return to my center, I often step back and try to see the situation from a larger, more distant view. It reminds me of how endearing this human experience can be and how small our individual circumstances are when looking through the lens of time and space.
Our planet is only a speck in a galaxy spinning through the infinity of space and time.
The beauty of the human experience is that despite the insignificance of our size in relation to the vastness of the universe, the power of living our lives in a single moment is colossal. It’s our everything, the very reason we came to this blue and green ball.
I saw a post shared on Facebook years ago from a Tumblr user called teaboot that perfectly illustrates just how amazing this human experience is. This writer shares the perspective that “humans are adorable.”
Like every good writer, teaboot shares this perspective with clever supporting evidence. It’s almost as if this writer is sharing the diary of an alien observer who is trying to explain who these human beings really are. It’s a post I revisit often when I need to step back and see the bigger picture.
It’s just a really charming post that made my heart smile the first time I read it. I hope you enjoy it too (thanks for writing this teaboot):
Humans are adorable.
1. Humans say “ow,” even if they haven’t actually been hurt. It’s just a thing they say when they think they might have been hurt, but aren’t sure yet.
2. Humans collect shiny things and decorate their bodies and nests with them. The shinier the better, although each individual has a unique taste for style and colouring.
3. Humans are not an aquatic or even amphibious species, but they flock to bodies of water simply to play in it. They can’t even hold their breath all that long; they just love to splash!
4. When night falls and the sky goes dark, humans become drowsy and begin to cocoon themselves in soft, fluffy bedding.
5. Some humans spend time in each other’s nests! Just for fun! It’s not their nest; they’re just visiting each other.
6. Some humans use pigments and dyes to make their bodies flashy and colourful! They even attach shiny dangly bits to their cartalidgous membranes!
7. Humans are very clever, and sometimes adopt creatures from other species into their family units. They don’t seem to notice the obvious differences, and often raise them alongside their own young!
8. If a human sees another creature in distress, they can commonly be observed trying to help! Even at their own risk, most humans are deeply compassionate creatures!
9. If a human hears a particularity catchy sound or tune, it will often mimic it, even to the point of annoying themselves!
10. Sneezes are entirely involuntary, and completely adorable. Especially when the human in question becomes frustrated.
11. Humans love treats!!! Some more than others. Many humans will save these treats specifically for a later date when they are in need of comfort or reassurance. IE, pickles, pop tarts, popsicles, etc.
12. They’re learning to travel in space!!! They can’t get very far, but they’re trying!!! So far, they’ve made it to the end of their yard, and have found rocks.